The project validation is the same validation process that is part of project publishing. If any item fails the project validation, they are added to a table that displays a list of items that have failed a project validation or publishing with the reason for failure.
Validation is the documented process of demonstrating that a system or process meets a defined set of requirements. There are a common set of validation documents used to provide this evidence. A validation project usually follows this process:
- Validation Planning – The decision is made to validate the system. A project lead is identified, and validation resources are gathered.
- Requirement Gathering – System Requirements are identified. Requirements are documented in the appropriate specifications. Specification documents are reviewed and approved.
- System Testing – Testing Protocols are written, reviewed, and approved. The protocol is executed to document that the system meets all requirements.
- System Release – The Summary Report is written and system is released to the end-users for use.
- Change Control – If changes need to be made after validation is complete, Change Control ensures that the system changes does not affect the system in unexpected ways.
An outline of the validation process
- Validating a project enables the user to check all items in a project for potential problems before the project is published. The project validation is the same validation process that is part of project publishing.
- If any item fails the project validation, they are added to a table that displays a list of items that have failed a project validation or publishing with the reason for failure.
- The user must modify their content to correct the problem before another project validation or project publishing action is initiated.
- When a validation completes, the project displays the list of items that failed the validation, the list of draft items in the project, the time that the validation was completed, and the number of items that failed.
- A validation can be initiated on a project only when it is in Pending, Publish Failed, Review, or Active State.
- A validation can be initiated by using the Authoring Portlet when a project is in read-mode.
- Only one validation per project can be initiated or running at any one time.
- A project publish action cancels any project validation for that project that is in progress because validation is part of publishing a project.